Pickerel Contracting Ltd. is currently seeking a full-time General Carpenter to join our team. The General Carpenter reports to the Site Supervisor and is responsible for assisting with construction and maintaining residences and buildings. The General Carpenter will also assist with building, restoring and /or installing of structural woodwork and related materials of active projects. This position requires physical stamina and a strong work ethic. Potential for advancement.
The General Carpenter will be responsible to:
- Assist with gathering, assembling, moving, lifting, and transporting materials, tools and equipment to job sites
- Property maintenance on Band Owned Properties
- Install Roofing, siding, eaves, porches, decks etc.
- Build and install, cupboards, bookcases, tack board, and specialty furniture etc.
- Drywalling, install, tape, sand, prepare for painting, painting etc.
- Install various types of flooring laminate, tile etc.
- Construct, repair, maintenance, and preventative work as required including but not limited to woodwork, shelving, flooring, tables, chairs, stairs etc.
- Lay building foundation
- Mix, pour and create cement forms
- Frame building including window and doors
- Operate and maintain carpentry tools and equipment
- Assist with delivery of other related municipal services
- Prepare preventative maintenance schedule and list of materials
- Keep a daily log
- Contribute and participate in the effective use of the Quality Control System
- Respect and respond to direction given by Supervisor, Board of Directors or Chief and Council
- Prepare estimates for work orders and material required
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ontario Class G Driver's License with access to a reliable vehicle a must
- 3 years of previous home maintenance, building, painting and carpentry skills.
- Red Seal an asset
- Experience working with various carpentry tools and equipment
- Ability to stand, bend, reach and twist for long periods of time in inclement weather
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs continuously
- Current First Aid and CPR Level C
- Current Vulnerable CPIC required, if hired
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving, organization and time-management skills
- Professional attitude and a strong work ethic
- Must be able to work as a team and individually; self-directed
HOURS OF WORK
Full-Time – 40 hrs/week
To be determined based on experience
To Be Determined
Once position has been filled
Those interested in applying should submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Pickerel Contracting Ltd.
295 Pickerel River Rd.
Pickerel, ON P0G 1J0
Tel: (705) 857-2331 ext: 228
Fax: (705) 857-3021
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to certified carpenters before apprentices.
Henvey Inlet First Nation gives preference to all qualified First Nations people in accordance with Section 24(1) (a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code.