Early Childhood Education Trainee
Henvey Inlet First Nation is seeking a full-time Early Childhood Education Trainee to join our Administration. The ECE Trainee reports to the Daycare Supervisor and is responsible for supporting our registered ECE’s with the supervision and direct childcare of children attending the HIFN Daycare, in compliance with all regulatory standards required by federal, provincial and First Nations legislation, policies and procedures.
Under the leadership of the Daycare Supervisor, the ECE Trainee will work towards their full ECE designation by enrolling and participating in all required courses and training during both work and non-work hours as needed. The ECE Trainee is responsible for maintaining the level of professionalism required for registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators. This position requires a high level of personal motivation, impeccable time-management skills and a strong work ethic.
The Early Childhood Education Trainee will be responsible to:
- Enroll and participate in all required ECE courses and training needed to obtain full registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- To meet all training goals and objectives as set out by the ECE training plan
- To provide all test results, grades, and relevant documentation needed for quarterly progress reports
- Provide a daily balance of developmentally appropriate active/quiet, indoor/outdoor & individual/group activities and experiences for children
- Assist children in self-expression by listening and responding with dialogue that encourages and lengthens conversations
- Encourage the children in learning about a variety of different cultures, including an understanding of our First Nation culture and value system
- Provide experiences and play material that actively promotes diversity and acceptance in interactions and attitudes
- Participate in short- & long-term Daycare planning initiatives and evaluations
- Learn and use techniques provided to assist children in developing the necessary coping skills to address unique life issues
- Observe how children use materials and interact with other children and adults and assist with planning activities that recognize these individual differences
- Ensure the child’s environment is healthy and safe and monitor the environmental hazards
- Attend to children’s physical needs for toileting, diapering, eating & sleeping as promptly as possible
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent and ability to meet enrolment requirements for a College of ECE recognized Early Childhood Education program
- Current and satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Professional experience working with children preferred
- Current First Aid and CPR Level C preferred
- Current Safe Food Handlers Certificate preferred
- Professional and responsible attitude
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to travel to and attend training courses as needed
HOURS OF WORK
Full Time – 35.5 hrs/week
To be determined
As soon as possible
Posted until filled
Those interested in applying should submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Henvey Inlet First Nation – Human Resources
295 Pickerel River Rd.
Pickerel, ON P0G 1J0
Tel: (705) 857-2331
Fax: (705) 857-3021
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Henvey Inlet First Nation gives preference to all qualified First Nations people in accordance with Section 24(1) (a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code.